What if I have a Flooded Basement or Sewer Backup?

n compliance with Public Act 222 of 2001, be advised of the following. Any resident experiencing an overflow or backup of a sewage disposal system or stormwater system should immediately upon discovery, or in the exercise of reasonable diligence should have discovered, contact the Water Department at 313-387-2670. If it is after normal business hours, contact the Redford Township Police Department at 313-387-2553 and they will contact the Water Department foreman.

You should also file a written claim with the Redford Township Water Department at 12200 Beech Daly, Redford, MI 48239, within 45 days of discovery of the overflow or backup. Failure to provide the required notice will limit your rights under the law. A claim form is available by calling the Water Department at 313-387-2670.

Please note: In order for a claim to be viable, the source of the problem must be the Municipal sewer. Problems caused by your property's plumbing or in your sewer lead are your responsibility.

Show All Answers

1. What if I have a Flooded Basement or Sewer Backup?
2. Who do I call if I find an illicit discharge or witness illegal dumping?