Learn self-defense through kicks, blocks, and punches in the Korean martial art of Tang Soo Do. Students may advance in belt ranks from Beginner to Black Belt taught by Metro Michigan Martial Arts, a family-orientated karate school and a member of the World Tang Soo Do Association (WTSDA). Join now to gain fitness, focus, discipline, and respect as part of the journey to self-improvement!
Enrollment is $45 per person. Returning students are $55 per person (1.5 hours of instruction). If taking both Tuesday & Saturday classes, there is a $10 discount. Call Leisure Services at 313-387-2650 for more information on registering.
Class dates for winter and spring are as follows:
Ages 7 & up:
- Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Winter session #1: Jan. 3 - Feb. 14 ( no class Jan. 10)
- Winter session #2: Feb. 21 - Mar. 28
- Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Winter session #1: Jan. 7 - Feb. 18 ( no class Jan. 28)
- Winter session #2: Feb. 25 - Apr. 1