Learn self-defense through kicks, blocks, and punches in the Korean martial art of Tang Soo Do. Students may advance in belt ranks from Beginner to Black Belt taught by Metro Michigan Martial Arts, a family-orientated karate school and a member of the World Tang Soo Do Association (WTSDA). Join now to gain fitness, focus, discipline, and respect as part of the journey to self-improvement!
Enrollment is $50 per person. Returning students are $60 per person (1.5 hours of instruction). If taking both Tuesday & Saturday classes, there is a $10 discount. Call Leisure Services at 313-387-2650 for more information on registering.
Class dates for spring and summer are as follows:
Ages 7 & up:
- Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Spring session #1: April - May 30 (no class April 25 or May 23)
- Summer session #1: June 13 - August 1 (no class July 4 or July 25)
- Summer session #2: August 15 - September 26 (no class September 5 or September 12) (5 weeks / $38)
- Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Spring session #1: April 15 - June 3 (no class April 29 or May 27)
- Summer session #1: June 17 - August 5 (no class July 1 or July 29)
- Summer session #2: August 19 - September 30 (no class Sept. 2 or Sept. 16) (5 weeks / $38)