Games, activities, and fun drills keep the youngest students excited about learning karate. This class introduces the basics of Korean Tang Soo Do taught by Metro Michigan Martial Arts, a family-orientated karate school and a member of the World Tang Soo Do Association (WTSDA). Students will learn kicks, blocks, and punches along with safety and self-defense designed for their age group. Students will increase attention, listening, focus, and respect as they progress in earning their own belts!
Enrollment is $50 per child. Call Leisure Services at 313-387-2650 for more information on registering.
Class dates for spring and summer are as follows:
- Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Spring session #1: April - May 30 (no class April 25 or May 23)
- Summer session #1: June 13 - August 1 (no class July 4 or July 25)
- Summer session #2: August 15 - September 26 (no class September 5 or September 12) (5 weeks / $38)
- Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Spring session #1: April 15 - June 3 (no class April 29 or May 27)
- Summer session #1: June 17 - August 5 (no class July 1 or July 29)
- Summer session #2: August 19 - September 30 (no class Sept. 2 or Sept. 16) (5 weeks / $38)