Healthy Living Scholarships are still available through the end of 2022. This program, designed in partnership with Beaumont Health, offers Redford Township families/individuals recreational activities, as well as additionally helping those who meet the HUD criteria stated below.
The scholarship subsidizes the cost of activities in the way of an 85/15 match, where Redford Township pays 85 percent of the cost and the awardee pays 15 percent. This is a first come, first serve basis. Funds are available based on donations and sponsorship of the program.
Scholarship recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Proof of Redford residency (driver's license, state identification) must be provided
- Proof of income (income tax return); Acceptable combined annual household income (based on FY 2022 HUD Section 8 Housing Program Guidelines) only needed if meeting requirements
- For instances of foster care, documentation may be provided in the form of an official placement letter upon request
Scholarship funding is limited. The scholarship program may end at any time during the calendar year due to the available funding. Scholarship amounts are as follows:
- $70 per person, or $175 per family max
- $150 per person, $300 per family max; Amounts based on household income meeting/below moderate HUD limits
|FY 2022 Income Limit Category||1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 Persons||6 Persons||7 Persons||8 Persons|
|Moderate (80%) Income Limits||$44,800||$51,200||$57,600||$64,000||$69,150||$74,150||$79,400||$84,500|
Scholarships may not be used for special events or one-day classes. Full year programs/classes will be allowed; scholarship allotment will be divided between payments of these programs.
Leisure Services staff have the discretion to award scholarships to first-time participants, those with unique circumstances, etc. Leisure Services reserves the right to adjust the maximum allowable amount based on funding levels without notice. If approved, the scholarship will be valid through December 2022.
An application should be returned to:
Redford Township Leisure Services
12121 Hemingway St
Redford, MI 48239
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.