Learn self-defense through kicks, blocks, and punches in the Korean martial art of Tang Soo Do. Students may advance in belt ranks from Beginner to Black Belt taught by Metro Michigan Martial Arts, a family-orientated karate school and a member of the World Tang Soo Do Association (WTSDA). New students will have the opportunity to earn their uniform during their second registered month of class, starting in February. Join now to gain fitness, focus, discipline, and respect as part of the journey to self-improvement!
Enrollment is $50 per person. If taking both Tuesday & Saturday classes, there is a $10 discount for the fall session. New formatting for winter session, see below. Call Leisure Services at 313-387-2650 for more information on registering.
Class dates for fall and winter are as follows:
Ages 7 & up:
- Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Fall: October 10 - November 28 (no class 10/31 & 11/21)
- Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Redford Community Center.
- Fall: October 14 - December 2 (no class 11/4 & 11/25)
New formatting beginning in winter sessions!
- Tuesdays AND Saturdays
- 4 week sessions for $60
- Winter 1: February 3 - February 27
- Winter 2: March 2 - March 26