Hey all you newbie pickleball fans! We have several places for you to play your favorite sport: inside the community center in the gym or at Kraft Park. There will be beginner lessons, encompassing the rules to etiquette of the game. Join PPR Certified Coach Jake Frederickson for pickleball lessons. As a lifelong player of racquet sports, Jake discovered pickleball in the summer of 2020. Through hard work and dedication, Jake has achieved a 5.0 rating. He continues to strive for improvement, traveling across the country for tournaments and practicing multiple times a week. Jake knows that his accomplishments would not have been possible without the support and guidance of the Metro Detroit pickleball community. Now, he is ready to give back. Come join him for a six week session. We plan to work on the following: rules and terminology; etiquette, equipment, and safety; ground strokes and volleys; serves and returns; footwork, body control, and positioning; third shot drops and drives; dinking and non-volley zone play.
Enrollment for lessons is $50 per adult & $35 per child Registration must be done prior to lessons. Call Leisure Services at (313) 387-2650 for more information on registration.
Class dates for fall and winter are as follows:
Saturday Lessons at RCC.
- 9:00 to 9:45 a.m. OR 10:00 to 10:45 a.m.
- Fall: September 23 - October 28
- Winter 1: November 11 - December 16 (no class 11/25)
- Winter 2: January 13 - February 17
- Winter 3: March 2 - April 13 (no class 3/30)
Thursday Lessons at RCC.
- Ages 8 - 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Ages 16+ from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- Fall: September 28 - November 2
- Winter 1: November 16 - December 21 (no class 11/23)
- Winter 2: January 18 - February 22
- Winter 3: March 7 - April 11