- Probation is granted to a defendant in lieu of a jail sentence. Failure to comply with the terms of probation may result in incarceration.
- You must report to all probation appointment dates. Work is not considered an excuse to miss an appointment. If you have missed an appointment, you will receive a court date in the mail at the address we have on file for you.
- If you are seeking permission to leave the State, you must submit a letter to your probation officer for the Judge to review. The Judge will determine whether or not to grant your request.
- If you need to contact your probation officer please use the email address listed above.
- If you have missed a counseling session or class, it is your responsibility to reschedule. Please contact your counseling agency.
Preliminary Breath Testing (PBT) for Alcohol: PBTs are conducted Monday through Friday at the 17th District Court from 8:30 am until 9:30 am. The cost of each test is $2. If you have been ordered to submit to daily alcohol testing, weekend and holiday testing is available at the Redford Police Department for $10 per test. For a list of Police Departments in Metro Detroit offering PBTs, please view the PBT Testing - Macomb County (PDF) document.
Drug and Alcohol Testing: The 17th District Court Drug and Alcohol Testing Program use a call-in-based testing schedule. If you are ordered to submit to Drug Screening, you must report to the court as directed by the call-in program. All participants will call daily to determine if they need to report and by what time they must appear. In general, testing is conducted on Weekdays from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm and on weekends and holidays between 8:30 am and 10:30 am. Ask a probation officer if you'd like more information.
You must provide your probation officer documentation proving your weekend and holiday testing. Failure to comply with alcohol testing may result in a Probation Violation.