About the Assessing Office
The Assessor's office maintains records for each parcel of land in the Township. Information is provided to residents and the business community regarding the property description, value, and homestead exemption status. The Assessor's office also handles the Township Board of Review in March of each year. The Board of Review hear appeals from property owners who believe their assessment is incorrect. The March and December Board of Review dates are printed on the Assessment Change Notice that is mailed to each property owner in late February of each year.
P.A. 415 of 1994 states that the new owner of a property must file a Property Transfer Affidavit within 45 days of the transfer. If the Property Transfer Affidavit is not timely filed a penalty of $5 a day (maximum of $200) applies. Please be advised that Redford Township is now collecting this penalty. This penalty will be assessed on the winter tax bill.
Pamphlets: For the Property Owner who would like to know...Learn more information on the Assessment Cap page and what it means to you.
- 2023 Poverty Exemption Application (PDF)
- Annual Affidavit for Property Tax Exemption for Veterans (PDF)
- Conditional Rescission Form (PDF)
- Lot Split - Combine Application (PDF)
- Poverty Exemption Guidelines - Worksheet (PDF)
- Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Affidavit and Instructions (PDF)
- Property Transfer Affidavit (PDF)
- Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Form and Instructions (PDF)