COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN - REDFORD TOWNSHIP STAFF
ENTERING PRIVATE HOMES OR BUSINESSES
Property Owner, Business Owner, Responsible Party or Tenants:
Your safety and the safety of our staff is our primary concern, therefore when it is necessary for Redford Township staff to enter a private home or business to perform work, inspect or conduct official business, our employees will adhere to the procedure and protocols listed below.
Redford Township employees will do the following:
- Wear a face mask and gloves.
- Stay six feet (6’) from any person in the home or business.
- Only touch areas or items required to complete their assigned task.
- Have required daily temperature checks and health screenings
We ask that all occupants/visitors of the homes and businesses to please wear a face mask and remain a minimum of 6’ away from our staff at all times during the visit. Additionally, we ask that if any occupants/visitors are experiencing symptoms that they cancel the appointment before arrival.
Failure to follow the required safety precautions will result in the cancellation of requested services and may require additional rescheduling fees, if applicable.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We appreciate your assistance. If you have any questions, please contact the following Redford Township departments:
- Building Department 313-387-2680
- Water & Sewer Department 313-387-2670
The Water and Sewer Department is responsible for:
- Maintenance & repair of 1,024,000 feet of water mains and 850,000 feet of sewers
- Combined sewer overflow (CSO) basin at Puritan & Lola Drive
- 9 combined sewer overflows
- Reading & Service of 22,000 residential and commercial water meters
- Oversight of the Township's cross-connection program
In addition, the office staff handles:
- Customer phone calls
- Prepares bi-monthly water/sewer bills
- Collects and processes water payments, property tax bills, building invoices and dog licenses
The staffing for the Water & Sewer Department includes 1 Water Superintendent,1 Water Foreman,14 Utility Workers and 5 Account Clerks.