The Public Services Department is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Township Water & Sewer Department, the Building & Safety Engineering Department and the Central Maintenance Department. The Public Services Department also enforces compliance with statutes, ordinances, codes and resolutions adopted by the Township Board of Trustees and coordinates special projects as designated by the Township Board. In addition, the Public Services Department provides auxiliary services to the Site Committee, Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals. The staffing for this Department includes 1 director and 1 administrative assistant.
Water and Sewer
(Click here for additional information)
The Water and Sewer Department is responsible for:
- Maintenance & repair of 1,024,000 feet of water mains and 850,000 feet of sewers
- The combined sewer overflow (CSO) basin at Puritan & Lola Drive
- The 9 combined sewer overflows
- Reading & servicing of 22,000 residential and commercial water meters
- Oversight of the Township's cross-connection program
In addition, the Department's accounting office staff:
- Handles customer phone calls
- Prepares bi-monthly water/sewer bills
- Collects and processes customer payments
- Handles cashiering as well for property tax bills and dog licenses
The staffing for this Department includes 1 foreman, 13 utility workers and 5 account clerks.