Meetings are for consideration of Township Business
If you are attending a Board meeting for the first time, the following information will be helpful:
- Board of Trustees meetings are the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm in Town Hall, 15145 Beech Daly Road
- Meetings are called to order and adjourned by the Supervisor/Chair in absence of the Supervisor
- Please stand for the Pledge of Allgiance and the invocation.
- At regular meetings, all agenda items consist of discussion and a vote. Board members are provided information on each item under consideration in advance of the meeting
- The Board will allow public comment and respects the rights of citizens to participate in the legislative process. "Citizen's Comment" is provided for residents following the "Roll Call" and allows for up to 3 minutes of speaking time.
- If you wish to address the Board on any issue not on the agenda please fill out a "Citizen Comment" form and hand in before the meeting starts
- When speaking to the Board on any issues, please approach the dias, speak into the microphone and give your name and address.
The agenda contains a list of items to be discussed by the Board of Trustees. The Agenda is available to the public at each meeting and is posted in Redford Town Hall, Redford Community Center, Fire Administration Bldg., Redford Library, and the Leo Snage Public Services Bldg., including the Redford Township website www.redfordtwp.com.
The Board observes the Open Meetings Act (PA 267 of 1976) and Robert's Rules of Order.
The Board approves residents to serve on various commissions and committees. If you are interested in serving or volunteering, please contact the Clerk's Office.
If a number of people are present to speak for or against the same matter, the Board asks the group to choose a spokesperson(s) to represent them and voice their concerns. The spokesperson may ask the members of the group to stand and be recognized. Once comments become redundant, the Supervisor/Chair may close the discussion.
ALL PUBLIC COMMENTS SHOULD BE FRAMED TO PROVIDE A POINT OF VIEW, GAIN INFORMATION, SHARE A CRITICISM, OR EXPRESS A CONCERN. CITIZENS ARE REQUESTED TO BE COURTEOUS AND TO REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL ATTACKS ON BOARD MEMBERS, TOWNSHIP STAFF, OR OTHER MEMBERS OF THE AUDIENCE.
People often come to Board meetings expecting to present their particular problem and get an immediate answer. Our experience has shown that many of these problems could have been solved much faster if they had been discussed with the Township Superintendent, prior to the meeting.
Any changes in the meeting schedule are posted at the Redford Town Hall, Redford Community Center, Fire Administration Bldg., Redford Library, and the Leo Snage Public Services Bldg., including the Redford Township website www.redfordtwp.com.
Public Hearings are scheduled near the beginning of the meeting when posted.
The Board of Trustees holds Public Hearings for:
- Consideration of special assessment districts for sewer and water projects
- Consideration of the annual Township budgets and establishment of the yearly tax levy
ALL MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND CITIZENS ARE URGED TO ATTEND!
The Planning Commission holds public hearings on requests to rezone properties or amend the map or text of the Zoning Ordinance.
The Zoning Board of Appeals holds public hearings on variance requests and interpretations of the Zoning Ordinance.